Sunday, October 26

weekend update.

Though I'm sure this won't be as entertaining as Seth and Amy's I'll try. (by the way, congrats to Amy for having her baby)

on Friday I went to my school's play, Flowers for Algernon, and oh mannnn that play is depressing, my friend was the lead, so in pretty much every scene me and my friend Leah waved like mad to him, he didn't notice though. after the play I came home and work on homework, found a costume for a Halloween party, and went to bed.

on Saturday my school hosted a trick or treat street for kids with down syndrome so they can have a safe Halloween experience. my costume was a Japanese princess as i found a kimono in my basement. I was running the face painting station and had my lack of drawing ability on about 300 little kids faces, by the end I was just asking kids if they wanted, ghosts, spiders, or pumpkins, those were just about the only things I could handle. it was so much fun though, next year I'm going to decorate a room.
after that I came home and finished up my homework, finally got around to reading W magazine, and finished re-reading the kite-runner for school. wow I really love that book, there is so much pure emotion within it's pages, amazing.
I made dinner for my family, whole wheat pasta with goat cheese sauce and asparagus, and cheese stuffed pears. usually I just cook for myself being the only vegetarian in a family of hard core meat eaters, but tonight I decided to make enough for every one, they liked the pasta but I think I lost them on the pears, so I ended up eating 3 half's just so they wouldn't go to waste.
after dinner we all went to a concert for my sister's band (my family is very musical, both my brother and sister are in bands). it was a bluegrass folk concert so i wore a loose free people tank with light wash destroyed jeans, and vintage Greek sandals that my mom had from the seventy's., i'll try to get pictures of the outfit up soon.
my and my brother hung out with the bands and other people, while my parents sat and drank diet cokes. it was loads of fun. and hippie fashion central. this girl had a pretty much really ugly skirt on, but when she danced the movement was gorgeous, I want to find a way to invoke that movement in something prettier. there as also this guy in patchwork overalls, they were pretty sick. my hero of the night was this girl that had on a gorgeous blue and gray floral dress, I didn't get a good look at it because she was wearing her coat but there was this delicate lace around the hem, and the perfect amount of gathering and volume. when I complemented her on it, she told me that she found it that morning at a thrift store for $1.50. at that moment I wished that I was her. my sister also had this amazing bag that she got at goodwill for $2.99.
all the pot smoke, and the dreadlocks inspired my parents to give me the drug talk on the way home, me and the brother shared eye roles and silent laughter while we resisted to urge to ask them what they have tried. I mean really, you were in high school in the late 60's and you expect us to believe that you did nothing? or at least in collage, and mom, you moved to Greece when you were 20, I've seen the photo albums. so after they finished the hypocritical drug lecture, I told them that in psych I had just learned all about how drugs affect you, and have seen more anti-drug, just say no movies in the last month to last me a lifetime, so they shouldn't worry.
I went to bed as soon as we got home, at 2am. I wish they would have let me and my brother stay for the rest of the sets and hang with my sister, but that really was not going to happen, due to the many people that were clearly baked. at least I had a fun night out even with the parents within 20 feet of me. only a few more years till freedom!

Sunday has been pretty boring, I woke up at eleven, did homework for a bit then went to church and youth group.

I still have to do some reading for school but otherwise I'm done. yay!
good luck everybody on the coming week.

No comments: