Wednesday, October 8

A Retched Story?

okay I got Cosmo girl in the mail today (horrible mag, I know, its my guilty pleasure) I wasn't able to look at it till just now due to a serious of of unfortunate circumstances, but finally I am able to read it. I slowly skim page-by page, till I get to page 10, the editors letter, it's then that I pretty much lose it and run to the computer and start blogging.
before I get to the contents of page 10 I have to tell you a bit about my homecoming dress.
I decided to make my dress after finding some amazing teal silk with a large graphic floral print.
I found this fabric at Denver Fabrics, the place to go if your ever looking for any type of fabric and you happen to be in the Denver metro area of Colorado, USA. like really you can find every thing there.
okay back to my dress, I make my homecoming dress and wear it to homecoming thinking that there won't be (or at least that I will see) anyone else wearing any thing like it, ever. well there wasn't at homecoming, but today I learned something about Denver fabrics, and Susan the editor of Cosmo girl, or at lest the fabric manufacture that the company that made her shirt uses.
my dress, and her shirt are made out of the very same fabric. The very same. Which tells me that Denver fabrics is buying directly from the manufacturers, and is buying the overstocks and ends. so this means that about the same time that Denver fabrics has something and I am able to make something out of it, clothes made out of it are showing up in stores.
I think this makes me look like a lame copy cat.
aghhhh.
I guess I'll have to be more careful next time.
pictures of my dress and the shirt up tomorrow, definitely.

No comments: