Thursday, October 9

The Value of a Photograph.

What is a photo, can it replace a memory, make it stronger, does losing the photo weaken the thought?
I lost some pictures today, hundreds of pictures, pictures of the best days of my life, there gone, I'm worrying, will the memories disappear too?
it was a simple mistake, I left the SD card where my dog could get it, you see he likes to chew on small plastic things, I left it, remembering too late.
I didn't back up the photos either, another mistake, my computer wasn't cooperating, I just didn't have the time, excuses, excuses, they don't lessen the guilt.
regret, guilt, the worst emotions in the world.
will a simple mistake erase the memories, or can I hold on to them with out the photos.
the candid moments, the love caught in digital form, the priceless moments that can never be captured again, the way the sun hit the mountain perfectly, the proud looks on our faces, will we forget all this, because a silly mistake?
will I still remember how it felt to be on that mountain flying like an eagle without the picture to remind me.
I hope I can never forget.

2 comments:

cavaan said...

oh that must be the worst, i think i have my photos backed on a couple of different drives. i think photos do help me remember, but that's because i forget quite quickly. however i think i'd be more upset if i lost photos from when i was younger (the ones not on a drive or sd card but printed), don't worry it's better making a mistake now then to make it further down the track.

xx

marrriahhhh. said...

aimee:
that makes me feel a bit better.
"it's better making a mistake now then to make it further down the track."
that's what i keep repeating to my self, it's nice to hear it from someone eles.