Wednesday, November 5

soup day.

today was a potato soup day.
one of those days where you need some comfort food and sleep.
and maybe a good book.
and one of those days where you find yourself crying while you take a shower, and you don't know why.
but after your cry, you feel better.
and then you listen to sappy love songs, and wish that you had someone that you could stand beneath their window at 3am and serenade.
and then you feel better, not good, but better, and you make potato soup and lay on the leaf covered ground of your back yard eating it in large spoonfuls and drinking tea.
and you go to bed content with your life.
because maybe just doing things that are nice and comforting are all it takes to have a wonderful existence.
and because of this warm though and the hot potato soup in your tummy, there is a hit of a smile on your face.

2 comments:

amissa said...

oh and thanks about the tree! I think I might add it too my portfolio for colleges...we'll see!

Anonymous said...

I love this, I really really love this. I know the exact feeling of a potato soup day. You write beautifully.