Monday, December 15

I feel odd about stealing my chair back.

last summer my parents had a garage sale and sold my desk chair.
my amazing red chair with a hand embroidered seat,
yeah the padding was a bit lumpy and the paint was chipping, but it's my favorite chair ever.

so I didn't find out who bought this chair until about a month ago when I was over at my friends house and saw it in their garage, I said, "that used to be my chair." she said "really? it's super cool" and that was that.

but today I was leaving for school and I saw the chair, outside by the trash, my chair, my favorite chair.
well the trash men don't come until four so as soon as I came home at one I grabbed the chair,
IT'S MINE AGAIN!!!

what oh what do I say when my friend comes over and is like, "hey you took that from our trash"?
I'm thinking I'll just scream"finders keepers losers weepers."

yeah....

4 comments:

amissa said...

hahahaha
i would so do that! no shame in having prized possessions

what are you gonna do with it now?

amissa said...

oh and about this:
"I have a mission,for all those that might read this at any time, tell me one book, one movie, one musician, and one blog that I really need to read/watch/listen/look at right now."
you should read the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, watch Lars and the Real Girl (so wierd yet so enthralling),listen to Yelle or Superbus, and look at (i dont know) blog...haha sorry

what do you have for me?

cavaan said...

oh that's amazing!!! you shouldn't have to say anything, it was yours to begin with!! and i'm with hilary when she just wrote above listen to YELLE. so goooood. and Camille, or Nouvelle Vague.

marrriahhhh. said...

I did listen to Yelle.
pretty much amazing...
same with Camille.

I'll have to check out Nouvelle Vague as soon as my computer's sound is working again.
the name sound so familiar though.