Friday, January 2

It's a Miracle Big Enough to Make all of us Born Again Christians


me: Would you like to go on a goodwill expedition with me and the mother?
dad: Whoah not waiting to start your new years resolutions huh?
me: No we're just shopping, not spreading goodwill, unless helping the economy counts.
dad: Oh I got you, no I am already booked all day with the vacuum.



Thrifting yesterday was almost an utter disaster, my local goodwill is stocked with all the unsold stuff from target, all the terrible opps overstocks completely dominate every section.
that was until I found IT. the vintage Dooney & Bourke.
at first I didn't ask to get it out of the case thinking it was going to be too much for the $15 dollars in my pocket, but after pacing the store a few times I decided to check it out. It's pretty beaten up and clearly its previous owner loved it very much, but this ware and tear makes it so much more amazing. the picture does not show all of its glory.

the final price tag? $5.36 including tax.
the perfect start to the new year.
I sort of wish it was bigger or had longer straps, but I really have no right to complain.

4 comments:

A. said...

Nice vintage bag!

Oh when I get some amazing fabric I will surely post pictures of us. I have a $40 gift card from Mood so it should be great :)

By the way, I like your blog, just add some more pictures ;)

I've linked you, by the way!

cavaan said...

=] thank you, and haha, the convo made me laugh out loud, again!

but hey that's a good idea, my new years resolution should be helping the economy...

duh!

Michael said...

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hate is universal and I knew it was something I could talk about everyday to entertain readers.

I like the bag, you know. It's very adult if you're young. Very stylish if you're an adult. (that is, if you can find the right clothes to match it...)

Michael.

marz_barzxo said...

wow! I should check oot my local thrift stores >_>